2022/2023 CYO CROSS COUNTRY PRACTICES AND REGISTRATION
St. Bonaventure CYO Cross Country is a wonderful way to introduce girls and boys to distance running. The program is geared for runners in grades 4-8, however very motivated 3rd graders may enjoy it as well. Our goal is to have fun while challenging and developing each athlete. An emphasis is placed on building both speed and endurance.
We need your help!
- Cross-country is a volunteer organization.
- All parents are required to assist several times throughout the season.
- We are looking for several assistant coaches (or co-coaches) so that we can best meet the needs of our athletes' broad range of experience and abilities. Please contact Joe or Zainah if you are interested.
Practices and Meets
- Practices will be held (4-5pm) Monday, Wednesday, and Friday at Newhall Park until meets start then Monday & Wednesday at Newhall Park.
- Our first practice will be Friday (4-5pm), August 15th, and the season ends in mid October.
- Meets begin in mid September. They will be held on Friday afternoons/evenings in lieu of practice. Historically, our meets have been held in Alameda, Danville, and Pleasanton.
2022 Cross Country Registration Fees:
$100 first athlete, $80 second sibling, $60 third sibling (+ processing fee)
East, summit of Mulligan Hill to Marsh Creek Springs; West, from intersection of Ygnacio Valley Rd. and Walnut Creek city limits southeasterly on a straight line to summit of Mount Diablo; South, from Marsh Creek Springs to summit of Mount Diablo; North, easterly along Ygnacio Valley Rd. from Walnut Creek city limits to Newhall Community Park, north along park to a southern extension of Bailey Rd., north to Myrtle Dr., then on a straight line to summit of Mulligan Hill.
*All St. Bonaventure CYO players must reside within parish boundaries, or have attended Catholic Studies the prior year.
We are looking for coaches and volunteers! Please contact Joe Sullivan if you are interested in helping.
Cross Country Athletic Director:
Phone: (925) 787-6745